The history of Kenya harlequin is loaded with prime and choice words to describe the victorious journey that has been experienced.Harlequin R.F.C. was formed in Nairobi in 1923 when the Nairobi District team split; two clubs were then created Harlequin RFC and Nondescripts RFC. Harlequin R.F.C. lasted up to 1945 and was restarted as Harlequin Football Club in 1951 by a group of enthusiasts, Peter Barron, the clubs first Hon. Secretary, Ben Cook, D.M. ʻSonnyʼ Goldstein and John Parry.
In 1952, Harlequin Football Club granted affiliation to Kenya Harlequin and the colours (light blue, magenta, chocolate, French grey, reversed on the back, sleeves light green and black reversed) of the London club were adopted.